Coaches Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- Support the overall mission of HYLAX
- Honor the game and emphasize sportsmanship
- Emphasize life lessons through the game of lacrosse
- Teach players the game of lacrosse
- Promote and grow lacrosse in Hudson
- DIG- Dignity, Integrity, and Grace
- Hold/attend a brief parent meeting at the beginning of each season; review code of conduct, introduce coaches, explain procedures, give team rules, regulations, and schedules.
- Obtain US lacrosse Level 1 certification (Head Coaches required, Assistant Coaches encouraged.)
- Always promote good sportsmanship and fair play and model these behaviors as a coach. – DIG!
- Strive for excellence and ways to improve all players.
- Promote and recognize players having fun, improving, and doing their best.
- Strive for clear and honest communication and fair treatment of all players.
- Care for physical, emotional, and educational welfare of all players.
- Be life-long learners as coaches; attend coaching clinics, required medical seminars, complete required background check.
- Support players’ decisions to play other sports in off-seasons.
- Keep Boys/Girls Director informed and evaluate/provide feedback to the Director at the end of the season.
- Support and communicate with Team Managers.
Hudson Youth Lacrosse is a proud partner with the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA). PCA is a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.