Parent Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- Support the overall mission of HYLAX
- Honor the game and emphasize sportsmanship
- Emphasize life lessons through the game of lacrosse
- Teach players the game of lacrosse
- Promote and grow lacrosse in Hudson
- DIG- Dignity, Integrity, and Grace
- Attend Parents meeting at start of the season and stay abreast of information via website, emails, and/or texts.
- Establish good conduct and sportsmanship as a fan – DIG.
- Support all players, coaches, team managers, and officials.
- Make sure my son/daughter has all proper equipment, is punctual, and attends practices/games.
- Help my son/daughter to eat and drink in healthy ways to support their needs athletically.
- Follow the proper chain of command to deal with problems or concerns:
- Athlete – Coach
- Athlete/parent – Coach
- Athlete/parent – Boys/Girls Director
- Athlete/parent – Board and Board President
- If needed, set up a meeting to discuss concerns with coach. Do not confront a coach before or after a game/practice.
- Appropriate concerns to discuss with coaches:
- Treatment of your child
- Ways to help your child improve.
- Concerns about your child’s behavior.
- Issues not appropriate to discuss with the coaches:
- Playing time
- Team strategy
- Play calling
- Other players
Hudson Youth Lacrosse is a proud partner with the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA). PCA is a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.