Player Code of Conduct
code of conduct
- Support the overall mission of HYLAX:
- Honor the game and emphasize sportsmanship
- Emphasize life lessons through the game of lacrosse
- Teach players the game of lacrosse
- Promote and grow lacrosse in Hudson
- DIG- Dignity, Integrity, and Grace
- Keep a positive attitude at all times, regardless of score or outcomes. – DIGNITY
- Obey the rules of the game. - INTEGRITY
- Strive to improve as a player and help others improve. – GRACE
- Be a leader in everything you do (actions, words, and thoughts)- on and off the field.
- Always be a good sport and realize it’s a game – not life and death.
- Respect everyone on the team and within the organization.
- Treat opponents and officials with respect.
- Refrain from taunting.
- Respect your coaches and your parents.
- Follow the proper chain of command to deal with problems or concerns:
- Athlete – Coach
- Athlete/parent – Coach
- Athlete/parent – Boys/Girls Director
- Athlete/parent – Board President
Hudson Youth Lacrosse is a proud partner with the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA). PCA is a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.